This assembly is a recaffolding of the AatrE1 assembly using in situ hybridization of genomic scaffolds and synteny information from the paper "Partial-arm translocations in evolution of malaria mosquitoes revealed by high- coverage physical mapping of the Anopheles atroparvus genome", Artemov et al, BMC Genomics. The assembly differs from the Aatre2 version by the inclusion of spacer sequences between scaffolds, and the presence of a 1MB gap of chromosome 2L. No sequences have changed, and the order of assembly components remains the same as Aaetr2. In all 201MB (89.6% of the genome) and 56 scaffolds were anchored to chromosomes, leaving 1,315 scaffolds (10.4% of the genome assembly) unmapped.
Genome Size (bp): 
Scaffold N50 (bp): 
9 206 694
Scaffold count: 
1 371
Release date: 
Monday, June 25, 2018


Originally isolated from Spain, isofemale selection was performed prior to genome sequencing. For more details click here.

Gene sets

25 Jun 2018

Assembly Specific Downloads

 Downloads for this assembly