This assembly is a recaffolding of the AatrE1 assembly using in situ hybridization of genomic scaffolds and synteny information supplied from a preprint of the paper "Partial-arm translocations in evolution of malaria mosquitoes revealed by high- coverage physical mapping of the Anopheles atroparvus genome", Artemov et al, BMC Genomics, manuscript submitted. In all 201MB (89.6% of the genome) and 56 scaffolds were anchored to chromosomes, leaving 1,315 scaffolds (10.4% of the genome assembly) unmapped.
Genome Size (bp): 
Scaffold N50 (bp): 
9 206 694
Scaffold count: 
1 371
Release date: 
Monday, December 11, 2017


Originally isolated from Spain, isofemale selection was performed prior to genome sequencing. For more details click here.

Gene sets

11 Dec 2017

Assembly Specific Downloads

 Downloads for this assembly